Office Safety Protocols and Procedures for Re-opening after COVID-19
The following is a step-by-step procedure we have put in place with all our clinicians to ensure the safety and well being of all our staff and families visiting our clinic for a session.
COVID-19 Client Advisory and Acknowledgment Form
Please make sure that this form is submitted within 24 hours of an in-person visit (at our clinic or your home)
Patient Advisory and Acknowledgment Form
Patient Advisory and Acknowledgment Form
Massachusetts Mandatory Safety Standards –Peer Projects Therapy From the Heart
- Remain 6 feet apart to ensure adequate space between individuals.
- The waiting room with remain closed at this time.
- A 1 clinician to 1 client ratio will be enforced.
- Each clinician/client will use their own gym and treatment room to ensure distancing from others.
- Face coverings/masks are required for all employees and clients for sessions. (All face coverings should fit securely around the chin and nose and securely against the sides of the face.)
- Clients /families will be required to provide their own mask/face covering.
- Clinicians will be required to wear a face covering and face shield.
- Client appointments will be scheduled appropriately to ensure proper social distancing measures.
- Clinician schedules will be adjusted to ensure proper social distancing measures.
- Contactless payment methods are strongly encouraged.
- Hand washing capabilities will be provided throughout the workplace, including at all entrances/exits.
- Clinicians and clients will be required to wash their hands prior to entering/exiting sessions.
- Frequent hand washing by employees
- Including soap and running water
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol will also be present throughout the clinic.
- Regular sanitization of high touch areas, such as workstations, clinic equipment, plasma cars, restrooms, light switches, etc. throughout the work site will be required.
- Gyms and treatment room will be properly cleaned between each appointment.
- Frequent disinfecting of high traffic areas and high-touch surfaces (e.g., doorknobs, light switches, etc.) will be required.
- All non-essential amenities will be removed, including discontinuation of snacks and oral motor toys.
- Visible signage will be present throughout the site to remind workers and clients of hygiene and safety protocols.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) and clients will be met at the assigned door for their appointment. Parent/guardian will not enter the clinic.
- Families are to wait outside or in their car until it is time for their appointment. Families will be notified when it is time for their appointment.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) will be alerted just prior to the session to escort clients to the appropriate entrance door.
- Separate doors will be utilized and marked for entrance/exit of the clinic. Client will use the same door to enter/exit.
- Temperature checks will be required for staff and clients/parents prior to entering the clinic. (A temperature of 100.4 is considered a fever).
- Everyone who comes in contact with our office will be logged to enable contact tracing, including temporary visitors (e.g., those doing material drop off).
- All staff members will be tested for the COVID-19 infection prior to returning to the clinic
Step-by-Step Procedure for Session
- Make sure all materials and items for treatment session are gathered into desired treatment room prior to sessions stored in designated bins.
- Family receives COVID-19 Client Advisory and acknowledgment form to fill out within 24 hours prior to session
- Parent/guardian completes COVID-19 Client Advisory and acknowledgment form within 24 hours prior to session
- Admin office sends confirmation to clinician that COVID-19 Client Advisory and acknowledgment form has been received and completed
- Parent/Guardian calls office to inform they are here in the parking lot
- Admin office calls family to inform to come up to designated door
- Client will arrive with mask on for session
- Client temperature is checked prior to entering clinic
- Family signs-in on log at door
- Pick-up is scheduled with family at current drop off door - parents should arrive 10 minutes prior to the end of the session
- Client shoes to be left at the door
- Hands are washed at provided stations
- Session is had
- Hands are washed at conclusion of session
- Items/high touch areas are cleaned and sanitized with approved cleaner
- Blankets on crash pads are removed and new one added
- All “soiled” laundry are put in designated bins
- Next client will be scheduled no less than 30min after the prior session